Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Nordic Walking at Night and Safety Visibility








In the Eastern part of the United States, where I live, we have just gone onto Standard Daylight Time. That means it is dark when I get out of work. I still Nordic walk.








However, it is import to be seen by motorist and others when Nordic Walking at night.



I wear a reflective vest with a blinking red light on the front. I have reflective stickers on my poles. I have reflective strips on my shoes (that are part of my walking shoes). There are many items of reflectivibilty you can add to your wardrobe so you are seen at night.
The main thing is to be seen and avoid any accidents.
Please be careful, be smart and be seen at night when Nordic walking.

Remember to walk on the sidewalks or the side of the street and walk facing the direction the vehicles are coming.

Take care and enjoy Nordic Walking at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment